Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Learning from Young Me

I did the old fashioned thing and wrote on my journal this morning, asking questions and just allowing myself to be honest with God about my heartache.  I flipped back to earlier entries written by a younger me, and I was reminded by 25-year-old Marielle something valuable in this season.  Here's how the entry went:

January 7, 2011
  On the way to work this morning, I was singing to a Michael Gungor song that goes "You make beautiful things.  You make beautiful things out of the dust."  I was driving down the Katipunan C5 flyover at that time and as I saw the rising bright morning sun, I couldn't but recall the times I drove down that road, looking at the same morning sky, and back then, I was alone and asking God to heal my heartaches.
  Over a year later, I found more than what I was looking for.  I see myself now married to the best man I've ever met and my heart mended completely.
  Lord, you truly make things beautiful.




I wrote that entry looking back at how heartbroken I was in 2008 and at how God completely healed me from the hurts of that year.  Now, in my brokenness, I'm letting myself be taught by a younger me that there is no room for hopelessness even as I endure this pain.  God has already shown Himself faithful, and all I need to do is trust that He will make all things new.  As He is beautiful, He will make even this tragedy beautiful in His time.

Labels: , ,


posted by mari_elle at 07:46
Comments:
I'm so blessed by your post about going through hurt and heartache and being healed. I'm at that road right now where I'm still praying for complete "healing" in the emotions after a heartache. Thanks.
 
Hi Tinkery!

I pray that God continues to comfort and heal you of all your hurts. Sometimes, we just have to go through that season of pain and of crying, but that season, too, shall pass.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." Revelations 21:4
 
Post a Comment