Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Youth Ain't Wasted

George Bernard Shaw has a famous quote that says, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Perhaps he said this as a matter of fact, but as someone who witnesses how our young people are making haste of their energy and talents for God, I just have to disagree at how this statement seems to generalize.

Working in the church full-time has exposed me to volunteers of all ages, who serve God with their time and talents. The youth, in particular, have made such an impression on me, and I can't but think back at what I was doing with my earlier years. Perhaps I did waste my youth, but not so with the kids in my church.

The youth in our church are actually the most active bunch when it comes to volunteerism. Whether it be playing an instrument or singing for the church, to the more behind-the-scenes tasks of taking registration and doing administrative work, there are young people everywhere. And their involvement in church doesn't just end with their ministry work; I see that their lives are reflections of God's goodness and saving grace as well. Imagine? Young as they are, they've found a purpose and a venue to channel their never ending energies.

This makes me not worried but excited for my little one. When the time comes that our child reaches his/ her teen years, I am confident that he/ she would grow up in the right kind of environment.

As I have faith that my child/children will know my Savior at a young age, I also believe that our youth today are no longer lost, but rather, they are whole and have found their true identity--and that is in Jesus Christ.

Labels:


posted by mari_elle at 13:57
Comments: Post a Comment