Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Current Cravings

The thing about being pregnant is that you somehow feel a sense of entitlement--entitlement to being bumped up to first in line, to getting first dibs on food, to sleeping almost half the day, to giving in to almost any craving.

I've been feeling that sense of entitlement for milk tea despite friends and my hubby telling me to watch my caffeine intake. I still get my way. So coming from my Serenitea experience last week, I've found two better alternatives. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Friday was no work day for me, so after dragging my mom and sister to choose kitchen tiles with me at Wilcon Builders Depot, I DECIDED that we had to get our well-deserved dose of milk tea and yummy toppings. We did, after all, a good job choosing really pretty yet inexpensive tiles from a sea of floor tiles, bathroom tiles, porch tiles, and kitchen tiles. I got myself a regular milk tea.

Sunday, as most of you would probably agree, is "Rest Day". It could be rest day from work, rest day from going out, rest day from diets. So, my hubby and I treated ourselves to Chatime, where I had a Brown Rice Milk Tea. And perhaps two hours later, I found myself buying a Lychee Yacult drink from yet another milk tea place, Sip, at Galleria. My justification? They didn't have too much caffeine in them!

Finally, today being the last day of this wonderfully long weekend, I found myself being drawn to Happy Lemon all over again. My husband had a coffee drink with cream cheese and rock salt, while I stuck to the same ol' milk tea and black pearls.

Maybe I'll stay off this craving for a while, as I see an every-other-day pattern. I think I've been indulging too much. But maybe, just maybe, I'll feel entitled to have more of it if I don't find a new, and hopefully, more preggy-friendly alternative.

Labels: , , ,


posted by mari_elle at 17:12
Comments: Post a Comment