Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Friday, November 30, 2007

Curfew

As a result of the rally in Makati, a 12 midnight to 5:00 AM curfew was implemented this morning. My colleagues and I started worrying about our safety going home. I am just too peed off for words. It's unacceptable that this is happening and that our lives get so affected by it.

I had to cut my work day (or night) short and speed my way home for fear that I'd get apprehended for defying the curfew. Of course that was just my paranoia. I had every business being out at that hour due to my job, but I guess what scared me the most was the thought that checkpoints were inevitable on my way home. Though I know PNP checkpoints are assigned there for our own safety, oddly enough, it's when they are present that I feel even more threatened.

I'm glad I'm home safe. I hope this curfew thing doesn't become permanent. :(

Labels: ,


posted by mari_elle at 03:26
Comments:
When curfew was implemented, I was speeding to get to work. I got into the building around fifteen to twelve. And at the same time, i was wondering how people who get off work by midnight (like you) are faring. Glad you're doing fine.
 
I was speeding home by around 12:30. I found I wasn't the only one on the streets then. In fact, there was an ongoing party at the Ortigas area. Some curfew...
 
Really? Some officemates of mine were detained. I havent heard from them since the curfew. Hope they're okay.
 
Detained?!?!? Geez...
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Wow. I'm glad you were able to go home in one piece. A lot of people got detained. The checkpoints in our area was really a mess. I was supposed to check out the Ortigas party (which was only a few steps away from work) but decided to drop it because I look suspicious enough the police even stop me during checkpoints even if there's no curfew. Tsk.Tsk.
 
Post a Comment