Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, March 17, 2007

twenTEEN-two

When I moved on from my teen years and turned 20 two years ago, I came to terms with the fact that I was no longer a teenager rather easily. Now, I feel like regressing. After two years, I realize how much I prefer being a teen and getting away with all my silliness and immaturity just because. I therefore officially pronounce that I just recently turned twenTEEN-two on my birthday last March 9. How's that for pushing it?

The fuchsia motif of my 22nd birthday party last Sunday intimidated a lot of my guests. The statue centerpiece of the buffet table, flower arrangements, and round tables adorned with big bright fuchsia ribbons threw them off completely. They felt underdressed, but I assured them that the decor just happened to come with the catering service since my mom didn't want to hassle herself with cooking for the "simple get together" I asked for.

It was still a simple get together, though it looked somewhat like a debut, with that pink explosion and all. I'd like to think I could pass for an 18 year old, right? RIGHT?!? Heeheehee...

Here's a shout out to all those who made it to my dinner party! Thanks, guys, for going out of your way, especially to the sole representative of my high school gang, Bianca. And if not for Ellaine, John, Don, and Ron, who stayed up til the wee wee hours of the morning, my celebration would have turned into a boring eat-and-run bash. Our musings and munchings (spicy peanuts and coke lite; no one touched the wine and brandy in this party) went on and on until a little past 4:00 am.

It goes without saying that I had fun. Getting people I care about gathered together is priceless. My birthday wish is that I meet even more individuals who would mean something to me and in return, make an impact on as well. I've recently been making rather shallow acquaintances. It's high time I start reaching out again. Wonder what awaits me this year now that I decide to be more open. I hope good things

posted by mari_elle at 22:38
Comments:
Si Te Pung galit na sa akin. I can't really leave the house on Sundays, especially at that hour. Unless, you told me much earlier, para I just stayed in the dorm all through out the week para mama couldn't say much about me going or not. Haha!:)

Bawi nalang ako next time... kung meron pa uli next time. And I feel I missed out on the fuchsia motif you had going. Heehee!:p Sorry uli!:)

Bibisita nalang ako sa office mo some time ha? Babain mo ko ha?:P

Long time no visit na rin kasi ako sa Libis e. Haha!:) I miss the old place, but of course, I miss my Ate Pung more.:D

See you soon... Bakasyon na ako in two weeks time. Yahoo! Visit you on my last day.:P
 
Cox, you're forgiven so long as you do good on your promise to visit me. Hehehe... Kidding! Of course I understand. South to North travel is no small deal.
 
yeah, that was fun...spicy peanuts and good conversation till 4 am, haha:) till next time!

-mr.blue
 
and i thought you were just 20 =)
 
Post a Comment