Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Advice

"It takes a special person to learn from the mistakes of others."

One of the smartest women I know once said after I'd shared with her the bitter lessons I'd learned from pursuing the wrong relationship with the wrong guy at the wrong time. I wasn't one of those special people. I made my own mistake, but thankfully, I learned from it.

That's human nature, I guess. We just have to try things out and run all risks for ourselves. If you heed other people's advice, learn from their mistakes, and live life free from all the consequences of wrong decisions made in the past, you are an exception to the rule.

I hope that smart woman proves she's not only intelligent, but is also one of those special people she spoke of.

posted by mari_elle at 16:13
Comments: Post a Comment