Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Test of Character

Warning: Contect my be too emo for the so-called emophobes.

My life is pretty uneventful on the whole. I've been through a handful of challenges, but on average, I'd say it's been relatively peaceful. The monotony (for pessimists) or tranquility (for optimists) gets occasionally interrupted by certain circumstances or people from time to time, though. I'm going through a tough one right now.

All this makes me think about how I've handled obstacles I was faced with in the past. Did I just go through them, barely surviving without having learned anything? Or can I honestly look back and proudly say that I've built character along the way? I guess the only way to tell whether I've grown stronger or not is how I will handle future challenges, like this one I'm faced with now. I believe this is a test of character, and that God is teaching me to look beyond myself and be strong for the people around me, especially my parents who suffer the most from this.

Of course, I never could do it on my own. I'm clinging on to the promise:

Isaiah 40:31
...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I hope this blows over soon. Otherwise, I might just have a saddest birthday of my life.

posted by mari_elle at 20:23
Comments:
hmmm...well, "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going", and going and going. I don't know what it is that might be troubling you, but whatever it is, it's not worth your "I give up".

anyway, will be praying for you then:) God bless!

-mr. blue
 
if there's anything i can do to help. i find that you can find somebody who can help with something most every time.

good luck!
 
there's a saying: circumstances do not make the man, they simply reveal him to himself. or something like that. good luck with your current situation. I'm sure you'll find the solution to it. :)
 
Thanks, guys. Appreciate it. ^v^
 
Post a Comment