Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beatlemania (My Version)

Two great finds, both from Artwork. The shirt says "She Loves You... Yeah Yeah Yeah!" And if you don't know where those lyrics came from and can't guess whose faces are on both the shirt and black bandanna, well I'm sorry but perhaps you've been living under a rock! Hint hint: The British flag.



It's THE BEATLES!!! AAAaaaaAAaaah! *screaming like a teenage girl straight out of the 1960s era of Beatlemania.

Stumbling upon these items all of a sudden reminded me of how much I absolutely adore the band.

Alright, so I'm not actually the president of the Beatles Philippine Fan Club (is there such a thing? can i join? heehee...) and neither can I ace a Beatles trivia quiz. But I did grow up listening enough to their songs to appreciate their timeless music. From "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" to "Yellow Submarine", I can sing the lyrics to their greatest hits by heart. I'm actually grateful that my parents exposed me to their music rather than leaving me to listen to the boy bands from when I was a child in my formative years. Gasp! It was the era of Michael Learns to Rock and Meatloaf back then. The horror!

I want to find more Beatles goodies. Can anyone help me out? Does any store sell that at all here? Save for these two finds, finding an item with anything as much as an imprint of their logo is as rare as getting hold of a decent top under 500 pesos from Mango (yes, even when they're on sale).

Or perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough.

posted by mari_elle at 19:30
Comments:
But I love Michael Learns to Rock. *sob*

I think you can get Beatles stuff in record stores. I saw some shirts once in Odyssey.

And I'm also thankful to my dad and his drinking buddies for exposing me to the Beatles. And beer.
 
Woah! Sorry, baddie. Just my opinion. At least we both like... errr... love the Beatles!!! ^v^
 
<3 beatles!
 
I love The Beatles and I plan stuffing my Last.FM with it until it reaches 100,000 plays.
 
yeah... the beatles... love ths shirt though... what's so bad with mealoaf and michael learns to rock? -leon-
 
Post a Comment