Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mini-Mom

My mom made me her Mini-Me. We might have bonded too much this day. After having done a marathon of three dance classes in the morning, we had a nice salon session in the afternoon. Now, we have similar hairstyles.

This brings me back to the days when she'd dress me all up, making both my sis and me her little Barbie dolls. She'd have identical (gasp!) dresses made for us, which we wore at the very same time (gasp again!). It wouldn't surprise me now if my sister followed suit by having her bangs cut the very same way I had mine today.

I absolutely loved spending the day with Mama, though. Since I started working in the midshift, I really hadn't seen much of her. She'd be asleep whenever I'd arrive home from work. By the time I wake up, she'd be at work. My sister and I are very close to our parents. My mom, for one, gets mistaken as a sister for the plain and simple fact that she looks really young and is often seen hanging out with us. We wouldn't have it any other way.
We had a nice chitchat over coffee after the long day. She poured out her heart to me, while I sipped my happy drink and listened attentively. I, on the other hand, did not have anything at all to rant or rave about. I guess that was for the best since she just really needed someone to listen. I'm glad that we can talk now as two adults, and that she sees me as a person to look to for support and perhaps some advice.

I see myself in her. If I become even half the woman she is, I'd be proud. Maybe I really am her in the making--for lack of a better term, her "Mini-me" indeed. ^v^

posted by mari_elle at 20:10
Comments:
i love your hair! and i love it that i have all the time to post a comment! and i am going to write another entry on my blog tomorrow! wooohoo!
 
nice picture, magkamukha kasyo ni mama mo, beauty talaga..

May this year bring
More Blessings
Good Health, Success, Joy
And Love to you and your family
Happy New Year!
 
I look and feel like a tween. Hmmm... I think I did even before I got the haircut anyway.
 
Wow!:)

That's just so cute.

Happy New Year Te Pung!:)
 
yeah... bangs... I have 'too... haha!
 
Post a Comment