Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"mean-girl" (v)

If you haven't been kept in isolation these past few years, then you should be familiar with the chick-flick/teen-movie Mean Girls. The movie was a hit, and correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't just entertainment for the girly girls. People who didn't fall under that category appreciated the film probably because at some point, everyone could relate with the characters there.

I was once "mean-girled" (verb) way back during my schooldays. But I can't be a hypocrite and say that I never "mean-girled" an innocent person in the past. I inadvertently did my share of it, but I'd like to think we all grow out of it. At least I hope I did.

I know, I know... It's kinda lame of me to coin a term and make those two words a predicate, but it's one of my marielle-isms. Somehow, no English word can capture the essense of how chicks back-bite, gossip, and eventually end up in little (or earth-shaking) catfights.

Funny how it's as real in the office as it was in high school.

I guess everywhere you go, you can always find high school "plastiks", workplace "back-biters", and the typical nosy neighborhood "gossip".

People just can't grow up sometimes.

So, have you ever been mean-girled? Or was it you mean-girling others?

posted by mari_elle at 17:45
Comments:
I feel yah!
 
I've never been "mean-girled" (exclusive boys highschool for me), but Highschool social politics does hold true for men and women.
 
Ade, that's a nice, more profound way of saying it: "Highschool social politics" Beats the hell out of calling it "tsismis".
 
Post a Comment