Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, September 16, 2006

11 hours

I spent eleven hours in the office yesterday. To some workaholics, that's nothing, but I personally feel like it was a crime to have stayed that long. I can't complain, though, because I can at least say I enjoyed being insanely busy the whole day. I hardly noticed the clock ticking.

Just this week, I was a assigned a basketful of new responsibilities, which I gladly took on starting yesterday. It couldn't have come at a better time because just last week, I was starting to feel a tinge of frustration over my job. I mused, "It's been a year and I'm still doing the same old thing." While I'm not the type of person to get bored and restless easily, like any other person, I also wanted growth. Stagnation and mediocrity are two of my greatest enemies when it comes to my development as an individual. Thankfully, not even as much as a week after I'd asked God to bring me new challenges was I offered this opportunity to prove myself in the office.

Believe it or not but it was in those eleven hours that I felt the most productive and fulfilled I'd ever been with my job since I started working. We all get our breaks. Hope this one's mine.

Cross your fingers for me.

posted by mari_elle at 10:28
Comments:
it's always a nice feeling when you're enjoying your job :) congratulations and good luck!
 
Thanks, Kid! Still getting the hang of it. ^v^
 
"I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..." -- from The Devil Wears Prada
 
both of you are lucky. you seem to be really enjoying your first jobs. hehe ;)
 
You totally ignored me at work today. I thought we were friends?! Maybe I should start talking to my other seatmate. This is a sign. Haha.
 
I know, llainey! I feel like such a heartless droid! Sorry about that. Wasn't my usual crazy, smiley self. I felt so pressured by the deadlines. Imagine: peoples' salaries were on the line!!! ^v^
 
Post a Comment