Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, October 07, 2006

My lolo the soldier

Yesterday, at 12:07 am, my grandfather passed away after 86 full years in this world. I'm devastated that he's gone, yet I can rest assured he's now enjoying eternal life with his Father in Heaven.

He fought a good fight, not just as a death march survivor, but more so as a man whose example of perseverance, kindness, and generosity I will always look up to. He gave and gave and gave even when it already hurt. Even in his last years, it was like he was fighting death in order to stay longer on this earth and keep giving. He always put others first. He never witheld any good thing to keep for himself. He had a good heart. He was a good man.

He was indeed a soldier, willing and unafraid to sacrifice unconditionally for the benefit of others. I cannot even begin to describe this great man who lived a simple life. There are no words to express how proud I am to have had him as my lolo. He has left a legacy not just in my life but in the lives of countless individuals; people I know I'll never get to meet but will forever have the same love and respect I have for the soldier.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

posted by mari_elle at 09:02
Comments:
condolence to you and your family
-che
 
thanks. ^v^
 
My condolences.
 
my condolences to you and to your family.
 
Now your lolo belongs to heaven who watches over you. You are blessed.
 
*sigh* it's been a week.
 
Post a Comment