Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Friday, December 01, 2006

Depressant and Stimulant night

I've recently been trying to make the most of all the weeknights I have left before I start my new job. Once I begin working the midshift, I'm going to have to say "bye bye" to night outs with friends, dinner at home with my family, and also my precious early bedtime (usually around 10:00 pm).

So, since Ellaine's cousin, John, will be leaving for Singapore pretty soon, I grabbed the opportunity to go out and frolic around Makati with my friends and sister last Thursday night. My sis was on duty at Salamin's album launch at 6 Underground.

We decided to grab some grub and ended up eating at this dingy-looking restaurant nearby. Dingy or not, the food was excellent! I'd go back there any day. However, it was also there that I got not just tipsy but intoxicated with 6 servings of frozen lemon margarita. I drank all that in just a matter of a few minutes because I was thirsty and there was no readily accessible drinking water. So much for my justification, huh?

Thank goodness I was with people I could trust, although they just kept laughing at me for being the loud, cocky dork that I am whenever I have a little teeh many martoonis! *hick* And as it happens, my sister was the only one who didn't touch the alcohol, so I'm hoping she didn't allow me to make too much of a fool out of myself.

Lots of water and bathroom trips later, we cap the night off with coffee. Though we felt stuffed silly with all the drinks and pulutan, we still went on ahead and ordered drinks like crazy at Starbucks in order to finally claim our Christmas planners. What dorks we were.

We got home pretty darn late for a weeknight. Or should I say early in the morning. I woke up with a headache and with no appetite. I felt grumpy and anti-social the rest of the following day. Maybe we should have just stuck to our traditional dinner and coffee routine.

posted by mari_elle at 20:21
Comments:
Whoever taught you to gobble down those drinks?

I love our pic, though. Naughty! =p
 
gee, llainey... i wonder who? and who was it that helped me finish the pitcher to the very last drop? hahaha!
 
Post a Comment