Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bum for a day

This week marks the beginning of yet another stage in my life. But before I get all dramatic, let me just say that it was kind of addicting to be a bum for a day. So sad that I only get one day of rest. I doubt I spent it well though.
I had more than enough time to kill early in the morning. Having attended our 6:30 am Hip Hop class left me with up and about with nothing on my agenda but bum and wait for my scheduled exit interview.
Oh, what boredom can do! Vanity shots galore. I'm just too embarrassed to post all twenty something of my snapshots.
I stayed there, took advantage of the free coffee and planned my day.

So, after the customary Coffee Bean fix, I did some Christmas shopping for my mom, and headed straight for the interview at the office (my ex-office now). It went well. Enough said. The difficult part was turning my tasks over to my colleagues. I stayed an additional two hours, so it was also as if I reported for work. I wouldn't complain, though, because I wanted to make the most of the remaining minutes I had there. My supervisor noticed I was getting teary-eyed as I was wrapping up, and she said, "Nakikita ko na mga mata mo kaya lumalayo na ako sa iyo!" (I can see you tearing up, so I'd best avoid you so I won't cry myself). I was so emotional. Too emotional I feel embarrassed just remembering. So, I said my goodbyes and left in such a rush because I was turning into my usual crybaby self.

I'm moving on and looking forward to a fresh start at my new job. I'll be leaving a great set of people behind, that's for sure. But I have no doubts that I can also establish meaningful friendships as I embark on a new stage in my life.

posted by mari_elle at 17:43
Comments:
Niiiice vanity shots. :P
 
Amateur, yes they are. hahaha...
 
Post a Comment