Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mental Notes

It won't be for another three years until I go back to LTO and renew my license. I have to make these mental notes until then:

1. By all means, never again wear spags or anything that shows so much as an inch of my skin below the neck. Yes, despite the un-airconditioned, outdoor waiting area of the LTO, ladies must cover up because the only authorized venues for the prerequisite medical examinations are located across the street from the office... in the slums! Unless, of course, you enjoy the catcalls and ogling eyes of um... never mind... those kinds of people. Ya'll know what I mean.

2. Wear something with a collar. It will help me me look decent on my license card. And "decent" is as good as it gets because most, if not all, license photos end up looking like mugshots. It can't be helped! The photographer (if that employee can even rightfully be given the title) only goes as far as telling you where to fix your gaze and probably finds it too exhausting to think of a simple way to let us know WHEN the photo is being taken.

3. Make sure to start by 8:00am. That way, minimum waiting time will be only 45 minutes before issuance of the new mugshot...err... license card. It's still quite a wait, isn't it? That does not include the 30 minutes medical exam prior to application for renewal.

4. Bring moolah. P250 for the medical exams (yes, in the slums. how's that for quality services?) including P50 for eye exam, etc.; P200++ for the whole renewal fee at LTO; Lotsa pocket money for a happy drink/food at the end of it all.

Seriously, why can't we improve these services? WHY? WHY? WHY?!?

posted by mari_elle at 20:40
Comments:
I've done this LTO thing about four times, and I've never seen anyone wear spags in the filthy office. I can't believe u did! Hahaha! 50% of the people there are jeepney drivers, 40% are cab drivers, and the rest are okayish people (which does not necessarily mean they're no pervs. Hehe). Yeah the system sucks. How I wish we could do this thing online, or at least have the system automated. It's too much of a hassle. Death to LTO!
 
You're absolutely right. Twas silly of me to wear that anyway. Who am I to complain then. So, let's veer away from the wardrobe topic and concentrate on the sucky system! Hahaha... That's my intended topic for the post anyway. (palusot)
 
I feel yah! It scares me to think those people are driving too.
 
You wore spags in LTO?

You are such a brave soul. And you survived (I hope unscathed)!
 
Was the spag thing really such a big deal? I thought it was the practical thing to do considering the heat. I was like, THINK UP DILIMAN enrollment... Cool, comfy, and no fuss. But you guys are right. I rest my case. I was a nuthead for wearing that. ^v^

I take back my complaints. I brought it on myself. Haha.
 
You could've avoided a lot of trouble if you've gone to those LTO renewal satellite offices that can be found in malls. There's one in Farmers in Cubao. At least it's aircon there and the medical stuff gets done on the "clinic" right beside the office ;)
 
How could I not have known that, kid?!? Thanks! Will do that then... in three years. Heehee.
 
Post a Comment