Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Friday, March 23, 2007

Corinne Bailey Ray

My colleague graciously shared a copy of Corinne Bailey Ray's album with me yesterday. I'd already seen her grammy performance alongside the two Johns, Legend and Mayer, and I was nothing short of impressed by her unique, classic sound. I hadn't had the chance to purchase the album, so the minute I got home, I popped in the CD and allowed Corinne's one-of-a-kind stylized tunes to sing me to sleep.
I'm such a huge fan of John Legend as well. I almost died of depression when I heard that he was going to Hong Kong, but didn't extend his tour to the Philippines. So, I'm not too sure if it'd be fair to either artists when I say that they're each the male/female version of one another, if you know what I mean. That's just an over-simplified way of saying that I equally admire them both as artists.

Their songs make one wanna fall in love, and coming from me, that's saying a lot.
My personal fave? Her track titled Trouble Sleeping. Now, at some point, haven't we all been through what she describes in that song? Oh that giddy feeling and the sleepless nights.

posted by mari_elle at 20:29
Comments:
i've never heard of corrine ray but i like her lyrics to Trouble Sleeping. btw, your link to john mayer is linking to john legend. :)
 
Thanks for that, Wil! So much for blogging while on duty. Time constraints = blog booboos. Heehee... I highly recommend you get CBR's album, though. Cuz if the lyrics appeals to you, what more with the genius way she sings it with the melody.
 
Post a Comment