Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Just the four of us

After roughly four months, it's back to the mother-father-sister-sister set-up in the house. *sigh*

That's a sigh of both relief and, I guess, a bit of sadness. My cousin, JJ, will be riding back to Baguio tonight. I'm glad that we as a family will finally have our private time together after having had to entertain additional "members" these past few months, but in a way, the silence here at home is deafening (cliche, I know). I will miss my cousins, Coco and JJ, since they'll be all the way over at Baguio. At this moment, I'm even regretting not having spent more time with them, being busy with work and all that jazz. Regrets... They always get the better of me.

At least we had fun this whole weekend. All we did was spend, spend, SPEND! Actually, all I did was spend. It was all me. From my frequent Starbucks cravings for fraplight, hearty dinner and chitchat with officemates, two consecutive visits to Galleria for their free wi-fi internet connection, to the movie/yogurtshakes/japanesedinner day out with a good, old buddy yesterday, I literally blew my budget--the money I'd been saving to buy a decent pair of new running shoes. Oh well, my only hope lies in the upcoming thirteenth month... *wink*

Still, don't y'all agree that it was money well spent since I was able to enjoy with people close to me? People really are the best investments (but it's also great to treat oneself to a couple of comfort drinks as well. teehee...).




posted by mari_elle at 18:14
Comments: Post a Comment