Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pizza heaven

My Saturdays are always an excuse to binge, pig out, and stuff myself silly. Yesterday was no exception. Despite the fact that I didn't join the badminton gang earlier that morning, I was ravenous by the time we reached Market! Market! for some reason. I know I promised to play badminton with them after a three week hiatus, but I just couldn't get myself out of bed since yesterday was the first day since I started working that I actually had the chance to sleep for as long as I wanted. My sleep debt is probably already so high it's giving the Petronas Towers a run for its money. Maybe that's also why I'm always so hungry.

Anyway, pizza lovers all over the country should unite and flock to The Pizza Company. I never gave that resto the time of day during previous visits, but I sure am glad that we took the chance to check it out yesterday. I can't speak for the rest of the gang, but that restuarant is climbing its way up to the top of my fave pizza places (and might I add that I absolutely luuuuuuurve pizza! who doesn't?). So, to get ya'll pizza lover's mouths watering, here's a pic of their masterpieces (stuff crust veggie and meat pizza). Oh happy food!




My binges don't end with Saturdays, though. They extend all the way til Sunday, and like last week, they go on for as long as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and before I know it, Friday comes along. So, I think, "It'll be I-can-binge-today-since-it's-Saturday day again tomorrow, so might as well..." Loving food is a curse.

Work is treating me well so far. I'm having such a great time with my officemates. God blessed me enough to surround me with good people in the workplace. Sure, it can be like college all over again when people stare upon your entering the cafeteria, fall into silence whenever you pass by, or strike up conversation like old friends do when you've never been introduced before. I guess that's what comes with being the newbie. People just can't but be curious. It's been more than a month now, though. I wonder what it'll be like when I become a company fossil myself.

By the way, many many thanks to my sister and Courtney, who lovingly went out of their way (rain and all) just to drop by the office and bring me another one of my happy drinks. Cafe Vanilla from the Coffee Bean.


posted by mari_elle at 18:24
Comments: Post a Comment