Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Drama

My cousin, Courtney, is currently staying with us here. She'll be living with us for four weeks during her review and until her whole family can come down as well. They're finally moving back here to Manila after a year of trying things out in Baguio. It's great to have them back with the clan. Now, we can go back to being the noisy, rowdy, food-loving bunch that we are when we're all gathered together on holidays or for no reason at all. My greatest regret now, though, is that I can't really spend as much time with her and with my sister because I now have work. While they're enjoying, playing tennis, hanging out without a care in the world, I'm busy with my job. It's not that I don't want to work anymore. Regret over missing out on being with them is kind of a flimsy reason to quit the job I've been blessed with, and absolutely love doing, I might add! Rather, I just wish Courtney came earlier, or that she didn't have to leave at all. The last time we three ladies (Ate, Courtney, and I) were reunited was when I was completely distracted and spread out too thin doing my thesis. When that was over and when I actually had time to kill, Courtney was no longer with us here. To make the situation even more pathetic, Ateand I subconsciously decided to bum around here at home. We didn't play tennis and we didn't do movie marathons or anything of the sort. Nagpakataba lang kami sa bahay. Nothing captures the thought like that Tagalog sentence. Heeheehee...

Having work eat up most of my day just made me realize that I no longer have as much time as I'd like to have. Time is the only semi tangible gift I can give those I love, so now that I don't have as much to give as I used to, there's this overaching sense of guilt brewing up inside of me.

What a drama queen I've turned into!

posted by mari_elle at 15:06
Comments: Post a Comment