Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Friday, June 24, 2005

Bloody holiday!

To say that I'm pissed off would be an understatement.

But before I begin ranting, I must say I'm still really raving about my new job. Yesterday was a first for many: signing my job contract, setting up a bank account, lining up for my SSS number, and after all that, suffering my very first migrane. Either I was extremely stressed out about securing all my pre-employment requirements or I just hadn't had my dose of caffeine for the day. The headache was so excrutiatingly painful that I couldn't sleep, and was miserably crying my eyes out. I didn't know a simple headache could get so bad. It was almost unbelievable how the throbbing kept getting louder and more severe in my head. Anyway, it was relieved by a cup of coffee Mama prepared for me and/or three tablets that my sister made me take. That aside, I was really happy about having accomplished so much in a day. The only thing I had left to do was get my NBI clearance.

So, I woke up really early this morning not just to be able to get ready to leave, but also to be able to prepare breakfast for the family (Our househelp had to go on a bereavement leave.). Before the dreadful rush hour traffic, Papa and I were well on our way to meet up with my Tita, who volunteered to commute with me going to Quiapo--the one and only far-flung branch offering clearance for first-timers. After an FX ride and quite a bit of walking in the dangerous alleys of that place, I got there only to find out that the office was closed today, it being "Manila Day"!!! At the point of desperation, we took a jeep to their Taft branch, but to no avail; that was closed as well.

Here I am at home, feeling really really grumpy. But while I'm whinging about all the hassle, I can't but feel guilty. Don't I trust my God enough to know what's best for me and to work everything out in the long run? I do. It's just... so hard... to be optimistic all the time. Anyway, let me shake this immaturity off. Complaining isn't gonna help any. Besides, I really should be thankful for the reason as to why I have to get my clearance in the first place. It's an answer to my prayer for a job! I'll just keep trying and trusting. It's not the end of the world.

Meanwhile, I also have to enjoy this day--my final day of bumming. Let me spend it playing tennis with Ate and a couple of good friends.

posted by mari_elle at 11:56
Comments:
congratulations on your job!Ü
i know the feeling of getting all those requirments.very stressful...
it's good that you still trust God even though you really had a bad day.Ü God bless and take care always
 
Post a Comment