Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Starstruck? Not!

Yesterday was the third time I had to work on a Saturday. And though I would have wanted to take it easy, spend the morning at the gym, and clean the mountain-high pile of junk in my room, I must say I did enjoy doing some overtime work yesterday morning.

It was our company's inauguration, where the likes of Sonny Belmonte, Bayani Fernando, and even PGMA herself took part in the celebration. There was the customary ribbon cutting, speeches, award giving, and of course, the FREE LUNCH! Ok, ok, let's not make it too obvious that I was only there for the food.

Kidding aside, it was an experience to remember. Not only were my colleagues and I able to indulge in the best Indian cuisine catered by Prince of Jaipur, but we also rubbed elbows with these VIPs and even the company's higher ups.

Speaking of work, I've been having a great time. Despite all the tasks that are handed to me left and right, I find I'm enjoying the "daily grind". A large part of it has to do with the fact that I work with some of the best people I will ever meet in my life. And I'm not exaggerating. My colleagues are geniune people. They help me get through even the toughest of workdays. I'm blessed that way. I can only hope I touch their lives the same way they touch mine.

And while I'm on that subject, here are a few photos of our department's outing.


Guess who! Teehee...
I didn't dare go beyond 5 feet of the pool.
We ladies were hoping to work on our tans. Much to our dismay, May 12 was not only a cloudy, but also rainy day! So, we just made the most out of the water.
Van and her goggles!
More of the recruitment team. We were obviously already stuffed silly here. Food was just overflowing!

I know I'm blessed with my work. God, help me never take that for granted.


posted by mari_elle at 07:07
Comments:
Cool pics. Nice post by the way. It inspiring to know that some people out there are truly happy about their jobs. I've had my share of people complaining about their jobs, their boss, a snooty officemate...BLAH! No job is perfect but I'm pretty happy 'bout what I do and where I am too. I guess liking your job is more a decision than anything else. I think most people would rather whine about having to work on the weekend instead of seeing it as a good experience. I like your attitude, quite refreshing.
 
I guess it's just human nature to be unsatisfied, hence all the complaining. But that doesn't mean we can make the best of what we have and be happy with the good things, right? I have to catch myself, though. I tend to be a tad too optimistic sometimes. I sear, I must've been a cheerleader in another life. Teehee...
 
Post a Comment