Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Scrapbook

Let the photos tell the story... Boracay trip, summer 2006.
Ate Marielle with Colleen and Matt at the airport. The kiddies were so adorably excited about the trip.
That's my sister and cousin watching our first Boracay sunset.

I dove in and swam with the fishies. They were literally eating out of my hand. The whole experience nurtured my childhood delusions that I was Ariel--The Little Mermaid. Teehee...
My sister's and my stems just before taking a dip in beautiful, serene Puka Beach.
Cornrows, dreadlocks, and ice cream!
Desperate for a tan. My late afternoon tanning sessions didn't do much, though, because I came home with nothing more than a faint redness on my back. But I absolutely loved dozing off to sleep while listening to my favorite mp3s as the setting sun produced the loveliest colors on the horizon.
My sister and I wanted a quiet night out, away from the loud parties Boracay was famous for. Gladly, we stumbled upon a nice, cozy cafe, and indulged in exquisite iced coffee drinks and the most decadent, yet guiltless, flourless chocolate mousse.
The fine sand, cool water, and tranquil skies would have all been perfect had there not been any green algae. Boo...
A priceless moment of walking along the shore, with not a worry to think of.
If you ever get the chance to go to Boracay, you MUST visit Real Coffee at Station 1. It's highly recomended by the Lonely Planet and by me!
Coffee and good conversation with new friends on our last night in the island.
Poor little doggy was digging into the flourlike sand, looking for something to eat.
Jonah's Fruitshakes serves the best, most refreshing blended shakes on the island.
Goodbye, Paradise! Sad though we were to leave, we were quite excited to board the plane and fly back to Manila. Boracay will always be there, and yes, we'll definitely be back come December!

And so ends this online scrapbook. Tomorrow, it's back to reality for me!

posted by mari_elle at 18:13
Comments: Post a Comment