Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Saturday, April 01, 2006

HIbernation

It's been about a month since I had that severe migraine attack. Recovery's been quite slow, but I'm regaining my strength little by little. I've been so fragile this whole month--my freakin' birthmonth! I never would have thought that a simple headache could leave such lasting repercussions? But then again, it was more than just a headache, and it was far from simple. To make the long story short, the stress and heat from two consecutive days of jobfairs, added to the fact that migraines run in the family, caused some screw to pop in my head, or at least that was how it felt. I had to go on sick leave for a few days because, for the life of me, I could not see, think, feel, etc. straight. My whole body was affected by that migraine attack. It was so bad that my vision was all blurry for the first two days, and even worse, distorted for the next three to five days after the attack. Quite traumatic. Everyone, to me, looked like Quasimodo.

Now, I've completely healed. Complete recovery after as long as five days is the norm for migraine episodes, so my parents said I had no reason to worry. Although we did consult a neurologist, just in case. Heehee...

So, now I'm back! And just when I told myself I'd take it easy when it came to work for fear that I'd get all stressed out and have a migraine again, I decided to go to work on a Saturday. Yes, today was the first day I'd ever worked on a weekend. It ain't the last. I'm going to do overtime again next Saturday. I don't mind, though. The pay-off is that I get to go on a one-week leave for Boracay!

This time, I'm really hoping to get a tan. Cross your fingers for me!

posted by mari_elle at 23:03
Comments:
It's good that you're ok already. I've been having headaches lately but don't really have the time yet to have my head checked. Good luck on getting that tan! :)
 
I got the tan! Not in Bora, though, but in Puerto. Hehehe... Same banana.
 
Post a Comment