Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pet Peeve


MAIEL?!? It's M-a-r-i-e-l-l-e. R E A D M Y L I P S. MMAAAAAAAARRRIEEEEELLLLLLLEE.

Anyone who knows me well enough is aware of the fact that I get unreasonably annoyed when people mispell my name, let alone get it all wrong. That's why I usually introduce myself as "Marielle, with an L E" when placing an order at a coffee shop. I guess I can't blame the barista for completely murdering my name this afternoon. Could be that her hearing was affected by the ambient noise of people talking and eating in the cafe. Or maybe she just didn't care enough to really listen (I split an infinitive. Ironically, that's another one of my pet peeves. Teehee. Double standard.) to my "specifications".

See what I mean by UNREASONABLY ANNOYED? Not that I did anything about it. I'm just ranting. Nonetheless, I shrugged and enjoyed my frap with Mama over popcorn and good conversation.

posted by mari_elle at 21:05
Comments: Post a Comment