Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Break the fast

Since the Christmas shopping rush faded with the start of this new year, I'd quite successfully managed to keep my expenses in check. After having spent sinful amounts of moolah on gifts for both others and myself (couldn't help it!) throughout the whole of the holiday season, I decided that I had just about enough of the material excesses I'd grown accustomed to splurging on ever since I got my own source of income. Successful, yes, I've been until now; yesterday, to be more precise.

My supervisor, Miss Jinky, showed me the first of three volumes of the Griffin and Sabine series by Nick Bantock. I absolutely fell in love with it. It was the whole package in which the intriguing storyline was presented that appealed to me most. Each page was filled with colorful, thought-provoking images made by the author himself, backed up by a story told in the form of a mysterious correspondence between the two main characters, Griffin and Sabine.

I apparently HAVE to break this so-called "shopping fast" while Powerbooks is selling most, if not all, of its books with a 20% mark down. Nick Bantock just HAS to be a part of our book collection, alongside the likes of C.S. Lewis, Jostein Gaarder, Agatha Christie, among other authors.

posted by mari_elle at 22:50
Comments: Post a Comment