Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Long lost hobby

It's been so long since I took the time to read and savour a good book. I didn't realize how much I missed this long lost hobby of reading until I actually had nothing to do but to snuggle safely in the covers of my bed with nothing but a good book to keep me company. This of course was due to the fact that I didn't really want to be out and about during last weekend's storm.

To date, there are three books I have yet to finish reading: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss, and The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. This to me is a sad sad situation. I never leave books unfinished. At least I never used to. I think it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth; like half-baked bread. Even Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone which wasn't even my cup of tea--I read through it til the very end.

Of course, I wouldn't wish for another stormy weekend just so I can have enough time to finish reading the said books and start new ones. I guess I just have to start loving to read again, so much so that I won't ever be "too busy" to read and relish a good book.

Labels:


posted by mari_elle at 23:07
Comments: Post a Comment