Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Monday, January 21, 2008

The year ahead

I'm gonna spend the next couple of days thinking about where I want to go, how I'd like to change, and what God has in store for me this year. I certainly started it with a bang, having come from a long vacation from work and welcoming the new year with parties left and right. I've come to realize, though, that that's not exactly how I'd like the rest of my year to turn out: loud, crazy and reckless! I need to take things slow and be wiser about the decisions I will be making in the next few months. I feel that this will be a pivotal year for me in almost every aspect of my life.

My career the past year started out relatively slow. By God's grace, it picked up it's pace during the latter part of 2007 and I can only hope to keep the momentum going. I'm done with a quarter of my life (unless I live up to 300, which I'm aiming for. kidding!), so I feel there's no better time than this. Make hay while the sun shines!

I've also been meeting a lot of new people and hopefully making long-lasting friendships in the process. Lately, certain individuals have entered my life and are making quite an impact. If there's one thing I resolved to do this year, it's to enrich my life with more people. I have admittedly been so guarded about establishing close ties with people I come across. C.S. Lewis said it well: "We need others physically, emotionally, intellectually; we need them if we are to know anything, even ourselves." (Introduction: The Four Loves).

So, here's to hoping and praying the year has only blessings in store for us all!

Labels:


posted by mari_elle at 14:21
Comments: Post a Comment