Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Early rush hour

I spent two and a half hours on the road this morning. Due to the typhoon Sepat and the delayed suspension of classes, what would normally be a free-flowing noontime ride from my home to Ortigas was hellish. It was madness how everyone seemed to be using the same route I had taken to go to the gym. Apparently, kids were on their way home from school. Also government offices and a number of other companies closed after lunchtime, so everyone was out and about. I got a taste of an early rush hour.

By the time I arrived at the gym, my butt was sore, left leg numb from stepping on the clutch and head steaming in utter disgust at Philippine driving etiquette (if there is such a thing). I had just about enough time to break a little sweat before rushing to prepare for work.

Thank goodness this was just a freak occassion and that normally, being in the midshift allows me to avoid rush hour traffic.

Labels: ,


posted by mari_elle at 19:53
Comments:
Last Friday, it took me nearly hours to get from Ortigas to Alabang again. Apparently, a bunch of pigs from an overturned truck caused several accidents on the highway. Yes. I'mnot kidding. Pigs. I was more amused than anything else. I just hope no one gt hurt.

Seems for me, this traffic thing is becoming more a norm than an exception, consider yourself lucky.
 
Say what?!? Pigs? The image I have in my head is a slippery wet highway cluttered not just vehicles but more so with squeeling pigs.

I drove home late Friday night not being able to see more than 10 meters. I think the storm was at its peak that night.

We're all blessed to be safe and alive now. ^v^
 
Post a Comment