Give the Day a Chance to Start

give the day a chance to start

Friday, May 27, 2005

leepovah!

My friends left a few hours ago after having spent the night here. Miday, Bianca, Lou, and Cokie are among the handful of my close friends from high school. So, despite my disappointment that the others weren't able to make it to this supposedly "much-awaited" bonding session, I still had an absolute blast with the four. Of course, we hardly slept (it really should be called a "WAKEover").

We kicked it off with a hearty lunch, after which we began our DVD marathon that went on 'til the wee hours of the morning. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a wimp when it comes to horror movies. But these friends (or so I thought!) of mine convinced/forced me to watch Shutter, a Thai horror film, with them. So, I reluctantly agreed, with the condition that we'd watch it while the sun was still up. We did, thank God! And I survived through it, half-covering my eyes and making occassional shrieks left and right.

After having fried our brains in front of the telly, we talked talked talked about anything and everything! We just had so much catching up to do that by the time they had to go, I felt as though there was still so much left to share with each other. There just wasn't enough time. There never is anyway. But I won't complain. At least we got to spend time after that very tough and trying senior year. Bianca and Cokie have yet to experience what we freshgrads went through, but I'm sure they've had their fair share of trials and hurdles the past year, too. It was a well-deserved bumming session for all of us.

I feel quite sad, disturbed, and disenchanted at some of the things we talked about, though. I always thought of my high school as our little heaven on earth. I never knew that people, some people, would so easily jump into the wicked, miserable ways of the world after already having had a taste of the sweet, carefree life of purity.

posted by mari_elle at 21:42
Comments: Post a Comment